Here’s the report of Kalinga Governor Floydelia Diasen on her first 100 days in office. From the official website of Kalinga province:
The political lane is one less travelled by me before. But because of your overwhelming support it now became an avenue that shall serve as my linkage to you in delivering the reciprocate of the mandate that you have given me.
My being a newbie in the arena has not deterred my strong determination to fulfil the development thrusts especially the PEACE vision I have outlined upon my assumption into office.
Of course the road has been rough and tough considering the complicated situation that I’ve been through right from the start, but against all these odds, and with your usual support, we have been able to start it right rowing towards a common direction that fits our vision for a better Kalinga. With full humility, allow me then to present some highlights on my first 100 days in office.
On Peace and Order
Reorganized the Provincial Peace and Order Council, Chaired by the Governor;
- Issuance of Executive Order Creating and Organizing Task Force Malaplat in response to the unfateful incident at Matapiat, Rizal on June 25, 2007 wherein 9 people killed and 13 people wounded;
- Contracting services of hired members of the Provincial Peace Council of Elders tasked to settle criminal and civil cases amicably which may be referred to the Provincial Government; and
- Transfer without Cost of 1 unit motorcycle, 23 units of hand held radio, 2 units radio base, 7 units motor vehicle to the Kalinga Police Provincial Office in order to enhance law enforcement capability of the PNP personnel.
- Recognized the Provincial Local School Board chaired by the Governor; and
- Hired 41 PLSB Teachers for Elementary and High School and assigned to the different districts in the Province to augment the teaching work-force especially in schools having multi-grade classes.
On Agricultural Productivity
- The Provincial Government through Department of Agriculture Aggressively implemented the:
- High Breed Rice Commercialization Program by subsidizing 5,000 bags of seeds with target area of 5,000 hectares.
- Inbred Rice Seed subsidy of 3,000 bags distributed to the upper Municipalities of the Province.
- Several intervention services were provided, such as: a) Providing Bio-N; b) Fertilizer 0-0-60 for free; c) 15 units drying pavement; d) 10 units farm reservoir; and e) Delivered Agricultural extension services through training, seminars on rice production. Subsidized 600 bags of high-breed corn seed under the subsidy program.
- Dispersal of Five Thousand fingerlings of Tilapia to backyard fish pond owners to the high municipalities in response to the hunger mitigating program –
- Distribution of assorted vegetable seeds to partly solve malnutrition under the Gulayan Para sa Masa Program of PGMA. These programs were implemented by the DA through our initiative together with the municipal mayors and city mayor.
- Endorsement of a resolution requesting inclusion of the province for the Cordillera High Agricultural ResourceManagement (CHARM) to be funded by IFAD, ADB & OPEC.
- Sending group of farmers on Study Tour to the Science city of Munoz, Nueva Ecija and Mindoro to study and observe demonstration farms and their training Institute.
- Giving of PI 97,000.00 to KASC-TARO Project- a livelihood program.
On Culture and Tourism
- Issuance of executive order reorganizing the Culture and the Arts Council.
- Establishment of a tourism office at the provincial capitol building
- Financial assistance to the OTOP (one town one product) trade fair at the mega trade hall, SM Megamall.
- Invitational promotion and marketing of our tourism products and destinations- MTV Philippines ( Full Tank) media coverage of Kalinga and documentation by Cine Silip Foundation of our cultural heritage.
- Conduct of Eco-tourism Awareness seminar and tourist safety and security.
- Conduct of an Eco-walk together with the Rotary Club of Tabuk in celebration of the National Tourism Day.
- Financial assistance and support to the participation of the province to the IMPAKABSAT trade fair at Silver City, Alabang.
- Extended financial assistance to the Kalinga Mountaineering Society.
Environment and Health
- Endorsement of the Chico River Watershed Management Master Plan.
- Issuance of Executive Order Reorganizing the Provincial Health Board and consultations of all heads on Health Services about their concern and or issues which were tackled during the consultation.
- Issuance of Executive Order Creating and Organizing the Technical Working Group to formulate implementing rules, policies or guidelines for the sub-allotment of KPH Income and the granting of Magna Carta benefits of health workers.
- Lakbay-Aral of the Governor in Leyte to study and observe the best practices about health for possible adoption by the Provincial Government.
- Funding of the Provincial Government for the Anti-rabies program.
- Reorganization of the Provincial Early Childhood Care and Development and redefining the roles and functions.
- Reorganization of the Provincial Nutrition Council and redefining the roles and functions with 500,000.00 MOOE from the 20% Development fund of the province.
- The Governor spearheaded the upgrading of the Provincial Hospital from secondary to tertiary level.
- Proposed Botika ng Bayan to be put up at the Provincial Hospital with an starting fund of Php5 Million.
- Proposed additional provision of Ambulance.