Ooops, I missed this comment from “sahiy ya ibadoi ngo” which I think deserves a post of its own. If you remember, we made a post on How to Spot an Igorot several months back and “sahiy” added his/her tips on How to Spot an Ibaloi. Here it goes:
1. They are the guys who stay near the walls of a room in a social gathering, and just smile (ngishit) when asked to go in front.
2. They point to one another when called, (sikam ga!).
3. They say “eh eh” instead of “I’m sorry”.
4. They always use the word “timing”.
5. They have “wat wat” on the inside pocket of their jacket carried on one shoulder, and a toothpick protruding from their mouth — this is when they come from a party.
This may be reinforcing stereotypes but we are doing this tongue-in-cheek so please don’t crucify either “sahiy” or me. Surely we can get to know who we are as a people better and have fun at the same time, can’t we?